Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I've Got Love in My Tummy

Okay, well perhaps not love precisely but heart-shaped sugar cookies.  When Brooke at All Things Thrifty mentioned this recipe, I just couldn't resist.  The pink frosting sealed the deal.  I love sweets and I especially love frosting.

By my standards, this recipe required a lot of work.  It wasn't super complicated, but it took time.  It probably didn't help that I started way too late and was still pulling cookies out of the oven at 10:30 pm.  I hadn't really considered how many cookies this recipe might make.  I also didn't think about the fact that I only have one cookie sheet and a tiny oven so I could only cook about 9 cookies at a time.  Good thing they don't cook for very long!

By the time I finished, I did not even want to think about making the frosting.  I told myself I would do it the next day.  But... I kind of started devouring the cookies and they were delicious even without frosting.  I felt like I had already spent enough time and energy on the baking process.  So I'll save my cream cheese, regain my strength, and try again soon.  Next time, I'm halving the recipe!  I definitely do not need four dozen cookies tempting my voracious sweet tooth.





"Yummy Yummy Yummy (I've got love in my tummy)" by Ohio Express inspired the title of this post.  Check out the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment