Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Apartment Goal #1

Oh my goodness, I can't believe it's been almost a week since my last post.  This is definitely not how I intended my blog to be.  I had visions of being inspired, cooking great food, and starting new DIY projects all the time.  I've certainly been doing those things but not as often as I'd imagined.  Life has been so busy lately that I hardly seem to get anything done.  To help with that, I thought I should record some of my decorating/diy goals.  Sure, writing them down doesn't guarantee they'll get done, but it gives me a list to work with.  I love lists.

1) Beautify Porch Space

I have a little screened porch on the back of my apartment.  It has so much potential to be a cute hideaway where I can kick back and enjoy some sunshine, but the keyword is "potential."  Right now, the porch decor consists of two metal chairs and the backside of my window air-conditioning unit.

The first task on my list is painting the chairs.  The current color isn't horrendous, but hunter green is not really my favorite.  I want something relaxing that can be jazzed up with an accent pillow or two.

Next, I want to find a way to make the ac unit more attractive without hindering its ability to function.  I have no idea if that's even possible but it can't hurt to do a little bit of research and experiment a bit.

I'm shopping around for a small table, some candles, and eye-catching pillows.  I want cozy but not cluttered.  I also think some potted plants would help brighten things up and also give me at least the illusion of some privacy.

Just in case my enthusiasm begins to lag, let's have a bit of inspiration!


All About Vignettes
House Beautiful
House Beautiful
House Beautiful
Yes, this is a porch, technically
And this one is too!

What I'm beginning to understand is that I'd much rather have a sunroom than a screened porch.  Although that's not really possible, I'd like to try making my porch feel more like an indoor space.  We'll see how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment